Jul 15, 2013

1st successful photo shoot

The first photo shoot I had wasn't horrible, but it didn't turn out exactly how I had planned, so I was extremely happy when my next photo shoot turned out far better than I had hoped!
I've been planning to name all my photo shoots, based on the theme of the photos, but since this is only my second real photo shoot, I think I'm going to wait until I improve my portrait skills a little more and then start naming them. The theme for this shoot is "old-fashioned" though. We even managed to get two vintage dresses from our local thrift store!


I personally like my eyes, but they always make me look so tired, even when I'm wide awake. but I guess it worked for this shoot. my eyebrows could use some work though :p




I'm VERY happy with how these five photos came out. ^


this is a terrible picture with terrible lighting, but my nose started bleeding during the shoot and my sister felt the need to document it. I think it was too hot or something, but it was a pretty bad nose bleed :/
my favorite picture of Roxanne to date. I love the hand position and the lighting and everything.
my youngest sister, Nadeene, wanted to join in on this shoot. she's also a natural in front of the camera.
along with our thrifted dresses, we also picked up an ancient-looking math book from our local library that turned out to be from 1839!




my idea to put the playing cards on Nadeene's dress. and since Roxanne was already the flower crown princess, we decided that Nadeene would represent the queen of hearts!

So what do you think of this shoot? Let me know in my comments section! I accept compliments and constructive criticism ;)

-Vanessa


No comments:

Post a Comment